We understand that dental emergencies don’t always happen during convenient business hours. Here at Timeless Smiles, we have someone always on call for those times when life chooses to throw curveballs.
Follow all of the instructions below in order to maximize the chances of saving your teeth, then call us right away. If we get to an emergency situation within a half hour of its occurrence, we have the greatest chance of successfully fixing the problem.
My Tooth Has Been Knocked Out? What Do I Do?
If you have had a tooth knocked out, and it is relatively whole, carefully follow this list, so that we have the best chance at saving your tooth.
- Pick up the tooth by the crown, or chewing surface. Do your best to avoid touching the root. (If the tooth is too broken, it may not be salvageable, but try to avoid the root, if at all possible.)
- Gently rinse the tooth and the mouth with clean water.
- If possible, reposition the tooth in the socket immediately.
- If repositioning in the socket is not possible, keep the tooth moist at all times. Milk is an excellent liquid for this purpose, as it keeps the tooth tissues from swelling.
- Call us as soon as possible. Our on-call dentist will get you fixed right up.
My Tooth is Chipped or Cracked
If you are experiencing severe pain due to a chipped, cracked, or broken tooth, call us right away. Our on-call dentist is ready to help you any time day or night.
If you don’t have this pain, you also don’t have to worry. This type of damage does have to be treated eventually, in order to protect the sensitive insides of your teeth, but it doesn’t have a hard and fast time limit. If you need to wait a few hours or a day, your teeth will still be okay.
Do give us a call when you are able, and we’ll fit you in as soon as we can.
We’re Always On Call
Our practice is here for you whenever you need it. If you’ve had a dental emergency, or are unsure, and worried that you may have had dental emergency, give us a call. We’ll fit you in as soon as we are able.