We are excited to announce that the American Dental Association is now allowing dentists to treat patients that are having an emergency. We have provided guidelines to help patients determine when to consult us as to whether care should be rescheduled or taken care of now. When in doubt, please call us to determine the best course of action!
Dental care that can be rescheduled for another time are things such as:
• Regular visits for exams, cleanings and x-rays
• Regular visits for ortho clear aligners
• Removal of teeth that aren’t painful
• Treatment of cavities that aren’t painful
• Tooth whitening, or anything cosmetic in nature.
Dental care that is considered an emergency are:
• Bleeding that doesn’t stop
• Painful swelling in or around your mouth
• Pain in a tooth, teeth or jaw bone
• Gum infection with pain or swelling
• After surgery treatment (stitch removal)
• Broken or knocked out teeth
• Denture adjustment for people receiving radiation or other treatment for cancer
• Temporary or permanent crowns that have come out.
Again, Please feel free to call our office with any questions or concerns you may have!
Stay safe and healthy!
The staff at Timeless Smiles